Clippers Coach Doc Rivers Buys in the Hollywood Hills
2014-11-12T18:00:05-05:00coach Glenn "Doc" Rivers has just snapped up an $8.2 million nest in the "bird streets" of the Hollywood Hills. Before he took the helm of the Clippers, Rivers was a former player who was best known for his defense during his time in the NBA. Commendably, he has been able to navigate the Clippers' turmoil and ownership changes during his two-season tenure as coach.
On his home court, Rivers is making some new plays. According to the Los Angeles Times, Rivers put his condominium unit at the Westwood "Beverly West" high-rise on the market in September, before purchasing this compound in Hollywood Hills West. A rare one-story home with four large bedrooms, the Hamptons-style compound has 4.5 bathrooms and spectacular ocean and city views.
The remodeled luxury home has a designer gourmet kitchen, high ceilings and a floor plan that has all public rooms opening to the amazing back yard, where outdoor entertaining is possible all year round.
As a part of the extensive remodel, there is a multimillion dollar separate steel and glass guest house with full bath. The backyard also includes a pool and infinity spa.
Built in 1961, the house was last sold for $5.4 million in 2007 to owners who remodeled the property extensively.
- Preserve at Tampa Palms Sold for $493M
- For Those Who Held On Equity Has Returned
- Market Trend: Select Top Five Tampa St Petersburg Office Leases Signed in Q2 2013
- Jason Bateman Lists Hollywood Hills House for $225 Million
- Realtor® Updates Make Searches More Seamless
- Owners Appraisers See Opinions Inch Closer
- Best places for job growth
- Stock Market Swings Shake Luxury Buyers
- 3 Housing Trends Emerging This Spring
- Both Home Prices and Affordability on the Rise