Deion Sanders' Dazzling Former House Is Set for Auction
By Catherine Sherman
It's prime time in Prosper, Texas. Dallas Cowboys legend Deion Sanders sold his "Lone Star" mansion to a developer in August, according to Candy's Dirt. Now the estate, which bears a $12.9 million price tag, is headed to auction on Nov. 18.
TMZ had it right when reporting "the house is insane." Starting with a grand butterfly staircase, the nine-bedroom home at 1280 N. Preston Road has athlete-size everything, from high ceilings to kitchen cabinets galore and a huge master bath. The Mediterranean-style mansion is also loaded with recreational amenities: an indoor basketball court, football training room and bowling alley -- to name a few. (See the slideshow below.)
A CBS Sports and NFL Network analyst, Sanders also has a reality show, "Deion's Family Playbook," which is returning for a new season Nov. 1 on OWN.
- Banks Causing Housing Slowdown?
- FHA Program Puts Ex Home Owners on Track to Buy Again Sooner
- Builders Hampered by Soaring Regulatory Costs
- Chicago Real Estate Developer and Housing Advocate Dies
- Seller Buyer Confidence Dips Slightly
- Real Estate Companies Named ‘World's Most Ethical'
- How these amateur home flippers found their niche in real estate
- Industry Mourns Death of Ken Harney
- Are iBuyers Opening the Door to Squatters?
- Help Extend Mortgage Debt Forgiveness