Zillow Mortgages: 30 Year Rates Dip Slightly
Mortgage rates for 30-year fixed mortgages fell this week, with the current rate borrowers were quoted on Zillow Mortgages at 4.08 percent, down from 4.13 percent at this same time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rate hovered around 4.13 percent for most of the week, falling to 4.04 percent on Monday before rising to the current rate.
"After holding steady for much of the week, rates dropped to three-week lows on Monday, driven down by political unrest in Hong Kong," said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. "We expect rates to remain volatile this week as the European Central Bank will make an economic policy announcement on Thursday, and U.S. employment data will be released on Friday."
Additionally, the 15-year fixed mortgage rate this morning was 3.18 percent, and for 5/1 ARMs, the rate was 2.95 percent.
Purchase Mortgage Application Activity: Zillow predicts tomorrow's seasonally adjusted Mortgage Bankers Association Weekly Application Index will show purchase loan activity decreased by 5 percent from the week prior. To learn more about this Zillow analysis, click here.
What are the interest rates right now? Check Zillow Mortgages for mortgage rate trends and up-to-the-minute mortgage rates for your state.
- Consumer Bureau Introduces New Mortgage Tool
- West Coast Buyers May Face Fewer Bidding Wars
- Will Land Prices Keep Booming in 2018?
- New Mortgage Rules Soften Loan Demand
- Airbnb Agrees to Pay Hotel Tax in San Francisco
- VA Program Sparks ‘Loan Churning' Concerns
- Why Productivity Can Suffer in the Open
- Fed Decides to Leave Rates Alone—For Now
- New York Apartment Building Is Tallest in the Americas
- 5 Years After the Housing Bust Market Still on the Mend