Clay Walker Drops Price of Roomy Gulf Coast Beach House
Country singer Clay Walker has dropped the price on his spacious Galveston, Texas, oceanfront home to six figures, listing it for $995,000. The beach house, which he bought in 2002, has been for sale since last summer, with an original list price of $1.2 million.
The three-story home on stilts has a Gulf of Mexico view from every room and a pool and spa on the deck. Inside, there are travertine floors, granite counters and five bedrooms.
Walker, a Texas native, has released 11 albums and put 30 of his singles on the country charts. His music has been featured on "The Bachelor" and in the film "Space Cowboys." Besides singing, he is known for his charity work raising money to fight multiple sclerosis, with which he was diagnosed in 1996.
The listing is held by Kelly Kelley of Re/Max Leading Edge.
- The Big Boomer Sell Off Coming in the 2020s?
- Concierge Programs Aim to Ease Transaction Pain
- More Owners Spruce Up Bathrooms Kitchens
- Floods Washing the Character Out of Colorado Mountain Towns?
- The 20 Hottest Housing Markets in March: New Leaders Emerge
- Housing Hit by a ‘Hangover'
- Banks Are Loosening Up on Jumbo Loans
- Buyers Will Pay More for Smart Tech Features
- Bidding Wars: Don't Blindly Take Highest Offer
- Survey Tracks Where Closing Costs Are Highest Lowest