For Sale: Neil Patrick Harris' Mansion in The Valley
Here's a quick check-up on the former Dr. Doogie Howser: Neil Patrick Harris has listed his home in the San Fernando Valley for sale for $2.995 million, seeking a tidy profit on the real estate venture. He bought it four years ago for $2.1 million.
The actor, who recently announced that he is publishing a choose-your-own-adventure autobiography, has been choosing his own adventures in real estate for the past several years -- moving to the Sherman Oaks area of Los Angeles from nearby Studio City with his partner, David Burtka, and their twin sons in 2010, and buying a Harlem brownstone to live in while on the East Coast.
Harris' Broadway performance in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is coming to a close, but it could be that the actor needs to spend more time in New York these days.
This latest real estate move means Harris will have to find a new place to store his magic tricks. In a tour with Oprah Winfrey of the home in The Valley, Harris revealed a hidden room with dramatic red wallpaper where he kept all his magic stuff. He called it his "magic man cave."
The listing describes the L.A. mansion at 3946 Stone Canyon Ave. as a "celebrity compound," and the traditional-style home meets all the celeb-home requirements: gated driveway, a screening room and a kitchen suitable for his partner, a chef -- double Wolf ovens and Sub-Zero fridge. The backyard features a pool, a pizza oven and outdoor shower.
The listing is held by Monty Iceman of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties.
- Tech Protesters Get Personal Target San Francisco Landlord
- Big Expectations for Home Sales Through 2018
- Positive Reactions to NAR's CEO Pick
- The Kitchen is No Longer ‘Heart of the Home'?
- Mortgage Apps Slip Even as Rates Go Lower
- Final Countdown Has Begun for 2013 CoStar Power Broker Awards!
- How to Get Noticed on Social Media
- How to Cozy Up a Large Space
- FEMA Denies Aid to Tornado Ravaged State
- ‘We Will Rebuild and Many People Will Come Again'