Kitchen Sheds Dark Past for Bright Affordable Upgrade
Even with a limited budget and time frame, a major overhaul can be done on a dated kitchen. For example, this 1950s kitchen in Oxnard, Calif., is in bad need of an update. Walking into it was like a blast from the past: The knotty pine cabinetry had funky details, the linoleum floor was still intact from its original installation and overall, the space was cramped and dark.
With a little ingenuity, a dark cramped space was transformed into a bright and functional contemporary kitchen. Barring ripping out all the cabinetry, there were easy ways to give this room a complete "facelift" in a matter of weeks. Here are a few tactics from this kitchen update that can work in any space.
Erinn Valencich is known for redefining casual elegance with a modern touch. She recently appeared on NBC's American Dream Builders, hosted by Nate Berkus. Valencich has designed for numerous celebrities and clients around the country through her Los Angeles based firm, Erinn V Design Group. She launched her furniture line and store, Erinn V, on Robertson Blvd in Los Angeles in 2011. Erinn's work has been featured in Elle D'eacute;cor, Architectural Digest, Town 'amp; Country, House Beautiful, Traditional Home, Robb Report, USA Today, Los Angeles Times and more. In addition to her residential work, EVDG recently completed a 650-room hotel and casino in Las Vegas, The Downtown Grand.
- A Good Sign? Household Formation on the Rise
- Mortgage Rates Staying Low Buyers Rush to Lock In
- Would Be Sellers Appear Ready to Boost Inventory
- Uncertainty Over the Election Moves Rates Up
- These Real Estate Markets Are Getting Very Hot
- 5 housing bubbles to watch
- TIER REIT Sells Eisenhower I Office Bldg in Tampa
- 6 Household Chores to Tackle Now
- Manhattan home prices rise amid few 'for sale' signs
- Camden Property Trust Sells 444 Unit Tampa Woods Apts