Zillow Mortgage Marketplace: 30 Year Rates Remain Stable
Mortgage rates for 30-year fixed mortgages remained stable this week, with the current rate borrowers were quoted on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace at 4.04 percent, up only three basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rate peaked at 4.12 percent on Thursday before dropping to 4.03 percent on Friday, where rates hovered for the remainder of the week.
"Mortgage rates were flat last week as two highly anticipated announcements, the European Central Bank's stimulus plan and the latest U.S. employment report, confirmed the outcomes the markets were expecting," said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. "Next week there is a limited number of market-moving news or events scheduled, so we expect rates to remain stable."
Additionally, the 15-year fixed mortgage rate this morning was 3.03 percent and for 5/1 ARMs, the rate was 2.78 percent.
What are the interest rates right now? Check Zillow Mortgage Marketplace for mortgage rate trends and up-to-the-minute mortgage rates for your state.
- Zillow Mortgage Marketplace: 30 Year Rate Drops Again
- AARP Strives to Improve Community Livability
- For Sale: A Range of Off the Grid Retreats
- Are 5000 Square Foot Homes Too Big?
- Bank Allegedly Stonewalled 2000 Homeowners Into Foreclosure
- Are Home Owners Looking for a Rescue Plan?
- For Sale: 6 Ideal Settings for 'Game of Thrones' Viewing
- Why you want Amazon to be your new neighbor
- Baby Steps to Going Global
- More Homes Come With 'Pet Suites'