Zillow Mortgage Marketplace: 30 Year Rates Remain Stable
Mortgage rates for 30-year fixed mortgages remained stable this week, with the current rate borrowers were quoted on Zillow Mortgage Marketplace at 4.04 percent, up only three basis points from this time last week. The 30-year fixed mortgage rate peaked at 4.12 percent on Thursday before dropping to 4.03 percent on Friday, where rates hovered for the remainder of the week.
"Mortgage rates were flat last week as two highly anticipated announcements, the European Central Bank's stimulus plan and the latest U.S. employment report, confirmed the outcomes the markets were expecting," said Erin Lantz, vice president of mortgages at Zillow. "Next week there is a limited number of market-moving news or events scheduled, so we expect rates to remain stable."
Additionally, the 15-year fixed mortgage rate this morning was 3.03 percent and for 5/1 ARMs, the rate was 2.78 percent.
What are the interest rates right now? Check Zillow Mortgage Marketplace for mortgage rate trends and up-to-the-minute mortgage rates for your state.
- Homeowners Aren't Shy When It Comes to DIY
- Centennial Co Captures Century Crosstown from Crescent CNL
- Avondale by the Lakes Sold for $202M
- Listings Are 3 D in YouTube Virtual Reality
- NAR Vows Pushback on Tax Reform
- Waldorf Astoria Sold to Chinese Company for $195 Billion
- Top Likes Dislikes of Working in Real Estate
- Carr Joins Cushman ' Wakefield's Tampa Senior Housing Team
- Expect Low Down Payment Mortgages to Require Good Credit
- Are Millennials Finally Flying the Coop?