Kardashians Rent in Southampton for Summer Reality Show
The quaint village of Southampton is charging "Kourtney 'amp; Khloe Take the Hamptons" producers $500 a day to film the E! reality show there this summer, but they will not be allowed to film on the beach. But no matter the sisters are renting their own. The Kardashians have leased a waterfront mansion for the summer for $300,000, according to Page Six.
The five-bedroom, 6.5-bath home they reportedly chose is for sale for $13.9 million. The private estate on New York's Long Island is set on 3 acres surrounded on three sides by water. It has a heated pool and private dock, all within close proximity to Southampton Village, where the sisters have reportedly rented a storefront for a pop-up version of their Dash boutique.
"We've had some push-back from the residents," said Southampton VIllage Administrator Steve Funsch. "They're just afraid they're going to bring a lot of paparazzi and publicity to the village."
Southampton's population swells from 3,000 to 12,000 in the summer, when the very wealthy go there to get out of the public eye and relax.
"We have a lot of hedge fund people out here. (Vice President Joe) Biden comes to visit, Howard Stern comes out to visit ... but they can walk around in jeans and a T-shirt and nobody bothers them," Funsch said. "They don't want all these people coming in here with throngs of paparazzi."
Photos courtesy of Douglas Elliman Real Estate.
- Builders Warn Materials Are in Short Supply
- Development Joint Venture Reveals Details of $3 Billion Water Street Project in Downtown Tampa
- Investors Recede – Will Buyers Fill the Void?
- Stadler Real Estate Corporation Buys 25 Acres in Saint Petersburg
- 8 Top New Home Markets Luring Millennials
- New Home Starts Surge to 2007 Highs
- Mortgage Rates Higher Amid Budget Crisis
- Tips to Help Your Buyers Navigate a Cooling Market
- Shopping Center Portfolio Sells for $121M
- Home Builders Warn of Shrinking Profits