For Sale: Eve Mendes' Eclectic 'Starter' House
Turning 40 must have sparked some desire to clean house for Eva Mendes. That may or may not mean that the actress has booted her beau Ryan Gosling from her nest. The pair have been reportedly going through a rough spot, but recent pictures show Gosling hanging out at the Hollywood Hills home Mendes bought back in 2008.
However, Mendes -- whose birthday was March 5 -- will lighten her real estate load with the listing of the funky "starter" home in Los Angeles. She once lived in the home with her former beau, Peruvian filmmaker George Augusto (aka Gargurevich) whose name is on the deed. The midcentury modern at 2732 Hollyridge Drive in Los Angeles is being called "an artistic sanctuary." The price is $1.269 million and it includes three bedrooms and two bathrooms over 1,700 square feet. Mendes bought the place for $584,000 back in 2002.
The property is chock full of urban artist/gardener touches, including many separate spaces. The decor is eclectic, with custom wallpaper and carpets. As a bonus, there appears to be a patch of ground perfect for raising chickens. (See slide 29 below.)
More from Zillow about celebrity homes:
Khloe Kardashian Goes 'Bieber' in Calabasas
Ellen DeGeneres Buys Modern Masterpiece
Leonardo DiCaprio Settles in Palm Springs
More from AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- Look Near Big Cities for Top Retiree Neighborhoods
- More Proof Home Buyer Demand Is Rising
- HGTV Inspired Flippers Get Harsh Dose of Reality
- Dubai's Safanad Establishes $13 Billion US Suburban Office Investment Platform
- Don't Overlook the Trees Buyers Aren't
- Lenders Urged to Improve Foreclosure Efforts
- The Town With the Highest Home Ownership Rate
- Convicted Rapist Targeted Real Estate Agents
- Dip in Existing Home Sales Signals ‘Unbalanced' Market
- Two Winn Dixie Anchored Centers Sell for $29M