Timothy Hutton Lists Homey Historic Estate for $185 Million
By Mary Boone
Timothy Hutton starred in the popular TNT series "Leverage" and now, it seems, he's going to try to leverage the real estate market. The Academy Award winner is asking $1.895 million for this upstate New York getaway, located at 75 Cushman Road in Patterson, N.Y. The historic property features an authentically-renovated 1790 farmhouse with four bedrooms, 3.5 baths and modern kitchen. Five fireplaces and radiant floor heat throughout the house help keep New York's chilly winters at bay.
Located on 40 acres and surrounded by pastures, trails and streams, the property includes a pool, cabana and four-story post-and-beam barn with garage space and a two-bedroom caretaker suite. The estate is both private and conveniently located -- only an hour away from New York City.
Hutton, who was just 19 when he won won the 1980 Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role in the film "Ordinary People," purchased the Hudson Valley retreat for $547,200 in 1990. It has been on and off the market a handful of times since 2008, when it was first listed for 2.95 million. Mary Beaton Stapleton and Mark Levine of Halstead Property are listing brokers.
More from Zillow about celebrity real estate:
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Renting Hamptons Spread
Chris Brown Lists Hollywood Hills Home
Rihanna's Pacific Palisades Home for Rent
More from AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
See more celebrity real estate.
- Fancier Kitchens Higher Budgets: Homeowners Want to Renovate
- Yahoo Faces Biggest Data Breach in History
- Could That Home Be Contaminated With Meth?
- Zika Fears Factored Into Miami Home Assessments?
- Rental Satisfaction Drives Buying Decisions
- Your Clients Can Live Here on $40K or Less
- How to buy a home when you can't afford it
- Gov't Reopens Averts Housing Impact
- Lake Towns With Best Bargains on Homes
- Which Cities Have the Most ‘Honest' Residents?